United States Council for International Business announced on March 27, 2015 that Indonesia will join the ATA Carnet system and will begin accepting carnets effective May 15, 2015. Indonesia is the 85th country/territory to join the ATA Carnet system.
Indonesia (ISO code is ID) accepts ATA Carnets for the intended uses of:
- Exhibitions and Fairs
- Professional Equipment
- They DO NOT accept Commercial Samples.
The National Guaranteeing Association is Indonesian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KADIN Indonesia).
- Carnets are accepted for transit operations.
- Carnets are accepted for unaccompanied goods.
- Carnets are NOT accepted for postal traffic.
1. All Customs offices of Indonesia are entitled to handle ATA Carnets during office hours (7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
2. 24 hour service is available in certain Customs offices
a. Kantor Pelayanan Utama Bea dan Cukai Tipe A Tanjung Priok, Jakarta
(Prime Customs and Excise Office type A of Tanjung Priok, Jakarta)
b. Kantor Pengawasan dan Pelayanan Bea dan Cukai, Tipe Madya Pabean
Soekamo-Hatta, Tangerang, Banten, Indonesia
(Medium Customs and Excise Office of Soekamo-Hatta, Tangerang, Banten)